‘Let the games begin’ as golfers march past the Olympic arena
The 31st Olympiad was declared open in Rio de Janeiro after an awe-inspiring opening ceremony at the Maracana football stadium. All 207 countries and for the first time, a Refugee team walked at the traditional Parade of Nations. As part of the tradition, Greece was first to march forward followed by other countries in alphabetical order in the Portuguese language. As golf makes it return to Olympics after a century-long wait (Read more), take a glimpse of golfers marching with their country contingent at the opening ceremony of the RIO Olympics at the Maracana football stadium.
- Siddikur Rahman from Bangladesh.
- Fabián Gómez from Argentina.
- Danny Chia from Malaysia.
- Henrik Stenson and Justin Rose pose before the parade of nations at the Opening Ceremony.
- Joost Luiten from Netherlands.
- Bubba Watson from America.
- Sergio Garcia from Spain.
Ready for the open ceremonies at The @Olympics VAMOS ESPAÑA!!🇪🇸🇪🇸 pic.twitter.com/1K57E9pnWk— Sergio Garcia (@TheSergioGarcia) August 5, 2016
- Anirban Lahiri from India.
The most beautiful armory ever. Can you carry any more inspiration than that! #Rio2016#JaiHind#currypowerpic.twitter.com/CO1AeWET0s — Anirban Lahiri (@anirbangolf) August 5, 2016Golfoy hopes that Golf will rise and shine at the Olympics at would expand its roots to more countries. Posted on: 2016 Aug 6 Sat